I have kind of over committed myself to do on line courses. I signed up a few months ago and now they have all come at once. So what am I doing?
- Duolingo - Italian This one is going to keep going for years I fear. I am so slow at remembering, but I can now pick out words in conversation. I have committed to about 30 minutes each day, although I do more than that. I see that they are also introducing bots. Only in French at the moment, hope they hurry up with the Italian one.
- The other courses are all at Future Learn.
- Italian No 1 & 2. I am using these to support the Duolingo course. They just give me that extra practice.
- Radical Spirituality - This is about the beginnings of the Quaker movement and it is the last week, but I will continue looking at the life of Margaret Fell. I enjoyed this course. It was history based and having been a History teacher it appealed to me.
- The Power of Colour - Great for understanding colour and it's uses. I hope it leads to lots of practical applications. As of yet there is nothing new but I'm hoping it will give me more understanding.
- Designing the Future - This is some professional development to improve my design process. It is rather academic in it's approach but so different that it could be good.
- Digital Marketing - I have been considering developing a business around the embroidery kits I design but need to research how this can be done. This is the start of that research. I have a feeling that this one is going to be very good.
When I look at that list it isn't too bad. It comes down to 5 units of a University course and I don't have to sit in on lectures. Any library research will be because I am really interested and best of all, no exams or assignments. But, if I'm doing this I'm not sewing.