The patterns have increased in size but the size of the pieces of fabric that I pre-cut has not, so something has to give and what is given is the number of patterns I can fit into the space I have. That means that I will only had ten patterns each week for the next 3 Mondays, unless I can stitch quicker and get ahead. (Last time I said this I got sick), who knows what tomorrow will bring.
I'm not sure why but this stitch caused me so much angst. I stitched 5 or 6 versions before I was happy with the result. In the end I decided to change the stitch, slightly , and add beads to the top and bottom of the stitch.
I want to make bands of stitching that are to decorate pinch purses using stitches 121 to 130, so I have added a couple of extra rows of stitching to achieve this. After so many false starts I'm quite pleased with the final result.
For the pinch purses I have bought a set of springs on- line from China. Big difference in price between on-line dealers, ranging from 50c each up to $4 each, and there was no freight charged and they arrived in the mail within the week. I posted a letter to a neighbouring suburb last week and last I heard it still hadn't arrived!
Pop over to Pintangle to see what others have done with this stitch.
I'm still plugging away at my fusion piece. This is the last of the Eastern blocks. Now I have to go from counting threads to counting spaces between the threads for the Western blocks. I have 16 blocks to design and when I think about it I know more about Eastern designs than Western. This is going to be a learning experience.
This is the piece to date.
I have also completed some more of the cross stitch pieces which has surprised me considering all the machining I have been doing for my curtains.
You can check on the progress of others over at Pintangle.