I don't seem to have made a lot of progress today. I had to do the housework, that is a waste of time but it has to be done. I had to take the dog for a walk and that is always a pleasure but it takes time out of the day. I finally got to start work on sewing a couple of bags together but I hadn't taken into account how long it takes to quilt the backs of the bags. It was only straight line quilting but it took forever.
bag1 - just channel quilting
bag 2 - a diamond pattern
Then I went to make up the rest of the bags and found that there were still pencil marks visible so the embroidery had to be washed and dryed again. (The drying takes the time.) While I was waiting for the embroidery to dry I started making up my Kogin piece but then found that the lining I had chosen showed through. I have now used an iron on interfacing. By this time the embroidery still wasn't dry so I made the linings for the bags and put a pocket inside each one.
Finally the embroidery was dry and I was able to finish the assembly.
So I now have a few bags for my daughters stand for the fair. My daughter finally got settlement on her new house she has just bought so the next few days are going to be spent helping her move. Don't know when I am going to have time to sew and I have so much I would like to do. I have to get the Kogin pieces finished this week.